Medical Devices Lab of IIT Ropar works on multiple fronts of medical device development spanning hardware, software and simulations. Our work involves multiple areas of engineering including electrical engineering, computer science, mechanical engineering, materials science and biomedical engineering. We have a multidisciplinary team of researchers on our team working on device and algorithm development for diverse medical applications. The lab is currently focused on the following general areas:
- Blood pressure measurement and transfusion medicine technologies.
- Electrical activity of brain.
- Ultrasound imaging and therapeutics.
- Medical image processing.
- EMG based prosthesis evaluation.
- Machine learning based diagnostics.