I am currently working as an Assistant Professor at Center for Bio-medical Engineering (CBME) of Indian Institute of Technology Ropar. I am heading the medical Devices lab of IIT Ropar.
My lab works on multiple fronts of medical device development spanning hardware, software and simulations. Our work spans across areas of engineering including electrical engineering, computer science, mechanical engineering, materials science and biomedical engineering. We have a multidisciplinary team of researchers on our team working on device and algorithm development for diverse medical applications. The lab is currently focused on the following general themes:
1. Blood pressure measurement and transfusion medicine technologies.
2. Electrical activity of brain.
3. Ultrasound imaging and therapeutics.
4. Medical image processing.
5. Machine Learning based diagnostics.
Apart from medical devices we also have a strong inventive focus in allied areas of electrical instrumentation and software development.